Those who followed my tumblr blog might
notice about my small updates on my coming one-week trip to Osaka this March.
So yeah...just a heads up for my watchers here. I will be flying to Osaka, Japan on March 2 with my sister, and we will be there for one whole week.
This would be my first time travelling to Japan, and my first time travelling as a backpacker. I already bought the flight tickets and booked a room to stay with a very friendly family. Adding the money I am yet to convert to Yen, then I'm basically set for the trip!
I even made train schedules and list of places to visit. The train schedule is a must, since we will be staying in Sakai, a good 10km or more from the main Osaka city. Roughly, our places to visit are as below:
- Day 1: Just arrived, evening. Maybe we’ll just tour around Sakai for food.
- Day 2: Osaka Castle up to Kema Sakuranomiya and Tenshinbashi-suji. Maybe drop by the Osaka Museum for Housing and Living if we have the time
- Day 3: Universal Studio, a short visit to Umeda, drop by at Mandarake, maybe get on the Observatory Sky Park Building
- Day 4: Kyoto. Someone suggested to me to try Toei Studio Park and Arashiyama, so we’ll be going there. Plus Kyoto Tower before heading back to Osaka
- Day 5: Daisen Park in Sakai, Kaiyukan (Osaka Aquarium), then straight up to Den Den Town; mainly to visit Melonbooks, Kbooks, Animate and Toranoana for doujinshis
- Day 6: Amerika-mura, Shinsaibashi-suji and Dotonbori. Maybe stop by at Mandarake GRANDCHAOS and try to find that Cat Cafe that my sister wanted to go to
- Day 7: Shinsekai area and Doguya-suji, have one or two more visits near Sakai area, then back home. Flight’s about an hour or so before midnight
So many things to do. I bet we'll be tired out by the end of the trip.
And YES! I will definitely get myself some RusGer doujins and EruNile doujins, if I can find them. Otherwise, I'll opt for some really rare ones, like a Rammstein doujin, maybe. ;;u;;
- - - - - - - - - -
A few months back, I was somehow motivated to get a Masters degree; seeming that I'm not yet committed into an engagement or a marriage like most of my friends are, and my current job is getting somewhat boring for me. And recently, I found out my workmate, who is also a Geologist, is planning to continue his studies to a PhD level, and he'll be quitting the job he has now. Now that, ultimately motivated me to do the same. I don't have to submit much to apply for a place. I just need my ID, my academic transcripts (which I hope is sufficient enough for a place there idk), IELTS scores (which I will get by this April) and two referral letters (one of them from my employer). Scholarship and funds is another different topic.
So I already had my eye on University of Aberdeen, Scotland for their Masters Programme in Petroleum Geoscience. And if I do apply and get admitted there this year, I will spend one whole year in Scotland for the degree, starting this September 2014.
And also it would mean that I have to either bring my cosplans for Germany and Nile Dawk to Scotland as well, or just postpone them to another year. Which is...kinda makes me feel I'll be too old to cosplay anything by then. I could do the former, no problem. Just bring my cosplay wigs and make-ups, and get my costumes shipped to Scotland, but I'd be alone ;;w;; I don't know anyone in the UK, apparently, so this is going to be a rather lonely thing to do...
Funny how of all the things I should worry about before going to a foreign country, I'm worried about the cosplans...OTL